RNA Comparative Analysis Software Tools Version 1.0
The RNA Comparative Analysis Software Tools are provided as is
, without any warranty.
The RNA Comparative Analysis Software tools is an advanced software infrastructure for the high-throughput Comparative Analysis of RNA sequences and structure
The RNA Comparative Analysis Software tools consist of two major components: RNA Comparative Analysis Database (rCAD)
Comparative Analysis Toolkit User Interface (CATUI)
Minimum Installation Prerequisites:
- Current Version: CATUI 2.0.
- Can be installed standalone.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server
- .NET Framework 3.5, SP1
- rCAD: SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- 4GB Memory
- CATUI: 3-D Discrete Graphics Card
- Server grade processor (Intel Xenon or equivalent)
- >4GB Memory
- rCAD: Internet access (for the rCAD Taxonomy Updater Utility)
- rCAD: SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition or higher and Integration Services
rCAD Reference Implementation Version 1.00.00 (Back to Top)
Installing the Reference Implementation:
- The rCAD Utilities are provided as 32bit and 64bit binaries.
- The rCAD Reference Implementation is the rCAD database and a set of software utilities (rCAD Utilities) for creating and maintaining rCAD database instances.
- The SQL queries for the rCAD database schema are within the documentation attached to this release.
- rCAD Reference Implementation Discussion Thread is available here
CATUI 2.00 Data Sets:
Design Highlights over CATUI 1.0:
- Note: The CATUI is not currently functional for sequence alignment editing work, but is functional for sequence alignment visualization.
- There appears to be an issue with the CATUI 2.0 on computers with .NET 4.0, Beta 2 installed. We do not know the source of the incompatibility, but the CATUI application crashes on startup.
- CATUI Installation instructions available here.
- CATUI 2.0 Documentation is available in the Documentation section.
- CATUI 2.0 Discussion Thread is available here.
- CATUI Alignment Browser
- Rendering of alignments stored in rCAD
- Sorting sequences in an alignment visualization by Taxonomy (rCAD alignments)
- Setting reference sequences