RNA Comparative Analysis Software Tools Version 2.0
The RNA Comparative Analysis Software Tools are provided as is
, without any warranty.Note:
There appears to be a bug with the way the built in unzip tool in Windows 7 is handling the CATUI3.0.zip file. Use WinZip or 7zip to extract.
The RNA Comparative Analysis Software tools is an advanced software infrastructure for the high-throughput Comparative Analysis of RNA sequences and structure
The RNA Comparative Analysis Software tools consist of two major components: RNA Comparative Analysis Database (rCAD)
Comparative Analysis Toolkit User Interface (CATUI)
Minimum Installation Prerequisites:
- Current Version: CATUI 3.0.
- Can be installed standalone.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server
- .NET Framework 3.5, SP1 and .NET Framework 4.0
- rCAD: SQL Server 2008 Express Edition
- 4GB Memory
CATUI 3.00 Data Sets:
Design Highlights over CATUI 2.0
- Note: The CATUI is not currently functional for sequence alignment editing work, but is functional for sequence alignment visualization.
- CATUI Installation instructions available here.
- CATUI 3.0 Documentation is integrated in the application, access with the F1 key.
- CATUI 3.0 Discussion Thread is available here.
- More consistent Windows Look and Feel
- Keyboard Shortcuts, Menus and Toolbar
- CATUI Alignment Browser
- Custom WPF Control with significant performance enhancements over CATUI 2.0
- Alignment Viewer Customization and Profiles
- Taxonomy Browser
- Birds Eye Viewer
- Split Screen View
- Integrated Documentation
- Migration to .NET 4.0
rCAD Reference Implementation Version 1.00.00 (Back to Top)
Installing the Reference Implementation:
- The rCAD Utilities are provided as 32bit and 64bit binaries.
- The rCAD Reference Implementation is the rCAD database and a set of software utilities (rCAD Utilities) for creating and maintaining rCAD database instances.
- The SQL queries for the rCAD database schema are within the documentation attached to this release.
- rCAD Reference Implementation Discussion Thread is available here